Wednesday, October 23, 2013

LSU  
Fraternity Outreach Tonight 
Businessmen's Panel Discussion 


Tonight I will be moderating a businessmen's panel discussion at the Kappa Alpha Fraternity House.   Men from a number of fraternities will be in attendance.  A couple of fraternities have made attendance at this meeting mandatory for all of their freshmen.  About 100 are expected to participate.  

Four men will serve on the panel:  Ben Heroman, Jason Greene, Eric Danos, and Dr. William Russell.  Each of them will address topics of vital importance to these young men as they will soon be launching their own careers.  This will be followed by a Q&A period at the end of which I have been asked to present the Gospel of our Lord Jesus.  PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO PRAY FOR THE SALVATION OF THESE YOUNG MEN.  

Bec and I drove over to the campus earlier today and took the pictures below.  I also had the opportunity to do something I have wanted to do for a long time.  As we visited my fraternity (Theta Xi  - on the right in the pictures below), the Lord walked me right into a group of Theta Xi's who listened very respectfully as I told them about what the Lord did in my life when I lived there in that house.  I also invited them to come over to the KA house tonight for the panel discussion.  One young man said that he would definitely be there.  Please pray that he and others will come.  

I am very grateful to Campus Crusade director Darin Travis and his team for inviting me to be part of this outreach.  It is interesting that recently I had been so full of desire to share Christ with the fellows on fraternity row that I had actually been thinking of just going over there and introducing myself and engaging with them.  What a joy to know that the Lord was planning to open this door of opportunity for me.  

Please see the pictures below.

KA House and Theta Xi House
Bec and I in front of the KA House
 A little gathering of polite listeners out on the patio of the Theta Xi House at lunch today
Pointing to the upstairs room where I lived for two years



No comments: