Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Byron Moore to speak on "The Ministry of Work" on February 22nd, at Monday Morning for Men



Byron believes God can be joyfully glorified in every area of life: individually, in marriage and family, at work, at play, in the community and as a world Christian.  He works as a financial planner and writes a regular personal finance column syndicated in Louisiana. He and Melinda met in 1984 and married eight months later. He’s been smiling ever since. They have four children (three post-college and one in college).

About speaking on work to Monday Mornings for Men

Ever since I can remember, God has put a special place in my heart for the glorification of God in and through work. As a new Christian I was longed to be a man who served God congruently in all facets of life, not just those traditionally known as “ministry.” God answered the longing of my heart by bringing into my life a man who would become not only a powerful example of this, but also a dear friend and powerful mentor, Rodney Wood. As he and Becky graciously invited me into their lives, they shared the gospel, the Word of Christ, their family and his work with me – Rodney even hired me right out of college to work with him – toughest two years of my life! But I would not trade them for anything. I am excited to share some truths from God’s word on this wonderful topic of work. After all, it is the thing to which most of us give much if not most of our energy all day long. We desperately need to find God is the midst of our work. Good thing for us…He’s been there all along.

BYRON MOORE
Managing Director, Planning Group

No comments: