Monday, August 24, 2015

2003 - Standing Beside My New Friend Who Would Become My First Teammate, Rev. Dr. Femi Adeleye of Nigeria, now living in Ghana

Langham Preaching, the initial International Consultation, 2003,
High Lea Conference Center, near Cambridge



Femi and I in 2003:  Having recently attended the Ten Year Celebration of Langham Preaching in Ghana, I found it interesting that my Nigerian brother Rev. Dr. Femi Adeleye and I are standing together at the right side of this photo of the delegates a the initial International Consultation for Langham Preaching, a brand new work of Langham Partnership International founded by John Stott (back row, just right of center).

I well remember the quite meaningful conversation that Femi and I had about his ministry as we rode the train together after the consultation. Little did he and I know that we would later (2005) be asked to team up in our very first assignment -- the launching of a new program in Ghana!  

Although Femi was not able to attend the Ten Year Celebration, I am very thankful that he and his wife Affy came to the home of our brother Emmanuel Ahlijah to visit with Becky and me.  It was a delight to see them!  

Femi is included in the pictorial presentation in my most recent post here on my blogspot. 

(I should mention that I did work with Chris Wright in El Salvador in 2004, but Ghana was the first country in which I was asked to actually join with a colleague in the establishment of a new program.)

No comments: