Saturday, February 12, 2011

In Memory of Phillip Earl Wood - Worship Service at Bethel Baptist Church

-
Thank you for praying for us last weekend. The Lord heard your prayers regarding my daddy's funeral.

I believe that Daddy's life was honored and that our Savior was given glory for His great work of salvation in my daddy's life. Dr. Gene Richards and Rev. Denny Brumfield of Franklinton were pastors who knew and loved my daddy. I give thanks to God for the wonderful words they shared in the funeral.

Also, Pop Cooksey and members of the Cooksey Family (Southern Gospel Singers), who had been close friends of Daddy's for 35 years and who had seen the great transforming work of Christ in his life, participated in the service by ministering to us all in song.

Our sons, Jake, Jim, and John played their guitars and mandolin and sang "On Jordan's Stormy Banks."

I was blessed with the privilege of giving the eulogy and felt strengthened by the Lord in doing it.

Thank you again very, very much for your prayers.

Phillip Rodney Wood

No comments: