Thursday, August 20, 2009

37 YEARS OF HAPPY ADVENTURE TOGETHER! - BEC AND I

I met Karen Rebecca Hunter on Sunday evening, October 10, 1971, after a Campus Crusade for Christ meeting at an auxillary building of the Parker Ag Center at LSU. A story that I have often told unfolded over the next 10 months. I won't try to tell it here. The end of that story was actually the beginning of a 37 year story that I like to think about even more. We were married at Rayne Memorial Methodist Church on St. Charles Ave. in New Orleans at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon, August 19, 1972.

After the reception, which was held in the fellowship hall of the church, Bec and I got into my '68 Cutlass and took off on our great adventure together! I give thanks to our Lord for His goodness to us. I am grateful to Him for the places to which He has taken us and for the many people with whom He has allowed us to enjoy friendship. I'm looking foward to the next chapters of the story!

No comments: